At Les Schwab Tire Centers, the motto is, “Doing the right thing matters.”
It’s a philosophy that’s ingrained into the company’s approach to doing business, and the company’s individual stores strive to apply it every day.
That includes the location in Gridley.
Shon Cook, who manages the Gridley location, has spent nearly 19 years working for Les Schwab Tire Centers and has managed the Gridley location for almost two years after spending a number of years as an assistant manager.
Les Schwab’s Gridley location has been in business since 1997. It does tires, brakes, batteries, alignments and shock absorbers.
Tires for agricultural vehicles are also a key focus of the business in a rural community like Gridley that is so heavily invested in farming.
Excellent customer service is a hallmark of Les Schwab Tire Centers, Cook said, and the Gridley location strives for that as well.
A total of nine locally based employees make up the staff at the Gridley location, Cook said. That includes sales staff, office staff, and technicians.
Les Schwab offers lifetime warranties on its tires, and it’s that kind of incentive that can bring customers in the door.
But once they’re in the door, Cook said, it’s up to the staff to keep them.
In fact, that devotion to customer service is enshrined in a poster that adorns the wall of the shop.
Les Schwab’s Commandments of Good Business include the following gems of wisdom:
* Customers are the most important people in any business.
* Customers are not dependent on us ... We are dependent on them.
* Customers are not an interruption of our work ... They are the purpose of it.
* Customers do us a favor when they call ... we are not doing them a favor by serving them.
* Customers are part of our business ... they are not outsiders.
* Customers are not cold statistics ... they are flesh and blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
* Customers are not people to argue or match wits with.
* Customers are individuals who bring us their wants ... it is our job to fill those wants.
* Customers are deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them.
* Customers are the lifeblood of this and every other business.
Les Schwab Tire Center in Gridley is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. The shop is closed on Sundays.
For more information on Les Schwab Tire Centers, visit the company’s website at wwww.lesschwab.com