Bishop Barry Beisner joined St. Timothy's Episcopal Church for the celebration of the 60th Anniversary Sunday and was able to conduct a baptism and confirmation of three members with Father John Harris during church services. Bishop Beisner is responsible for 69 churches in the diocese.
Founding members of the church Bill Madsen and Louise (Wedin) Block were recognized with a gift from Father Harris before a beautiful plaque bearing the names of those who donated to the landscaping project was unveiled. The project began in 2016 and was completed this year.
The congregation was formally enrolled as a mission of the Diocese on April 30, 1958. The present church building was constructed at the corner of Jackson and Magnolia Streets and dedicated in 1961. The Sunday School building was added at a later date, followed by the organization of St. Timothy's Community Day Care and Preschool in the late 1970's which operated at the site for several years.
St. Timothy's was a pioneer congregation in establishing and growing what has become Total Ministry in this diocese, and was a founding member of the Valley Episcopal Ministry, a Sacramento Valley Cluster. St. Timothy's now functions as a single Total Ministry congregation with its own, "locally grown" priest and deacon.
St. Timothy's offers church services each Sunday at 10 a.m. On December 24, 2017, Morning Prayer will be offered at 10 a.m., Christmas Eve Services will be held at 5 p.m., with plenty of Christmas hymns to be enjoyed and the public is invited to attend.