The Local Assistance Center connects residents whose homes were damaged or destroyed in the Ponderosa Fire with resources needed to recover and rebuild. Residents can come to the Local Assistance Center to learn if their home was damaged by the fire and meet with representative from County departments. Residents should bring any form of identification they have available. A form of identification with a photo and the property address would be ideal if it is available.
Location: Feather Falls Grange, 9 Lumpkin Rd., Feather Falls, CA 95966
Hours of Operation: Thursday, September 7, 2017 – Friday, September 8, 2017, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Services Providers: The following Butte County Departments and Community Based Organizations will have representatives in the Local Assistance Center. Some State agencies may also be available on a limited basis.
Butte County Departments and Offices:
* County Assessor – learn about property tax relief for damaged structures.
* Butte County Sheriff’s Office – assisting with notification of damaged homes and providing evacuation and road closure information to help residents go home.
* Development Services Building Division
* Department of Employment and Social Services– assistance replacing lost food for CalFresh recipients, replace lost cards for CalFresh and Medical, as well as Veterans Services.
* Environmental Health Division - wells, septic systems, and hazard materials.
Community Based Organizations:
* Red Cross
* Salvation Army
At presstime Tuesday afternoon, the Ponderosa Fire was contained 76 percent with 54 structures destroyed, 32 of these homes. Firefighters continue to patrol, mop up, and strengthen containment lines. All evacuations have been lifted as well as road closures.