Tuesdays, starting September 12, 2017 from 6:30 to 8p.m., Krazy Squares will offer beginning square dance lessons to be held at the Gridley Community Center, 200 East Spruce Street, next to the Gridley High School.
Here are six excellent reasons why you should square dance:
* Square dancing is good exercise for the body and the brain.
* It is a great way to make new friends as we sit, chat, and snack together between “tips”.
* It is an inexpensive night of fun. The cost for one person is $5 per night or $20 per month. School age children ages eight and older dance free all year long.
* The first lesson is free. Come and see if square dancing is the right fit for you brain, body and schedule.
* Singles are welcome. Fell free to bring your own partner if you like. We pair up right at the beginning of each “tip”.
* Finally, casual attire is acceptable. Some dancers like to wear the traditional Square dance clothes, but they are not required.
The vert basic beginning calls will be taught. Each week new calls will be added until the single list of basic calls has been completed resulting in a competent square dancer.
This is a club that wants to have fun! So come and be prepared to laugh more than you have in a long time. Call Bonnie at 933-9845 for more information.