Jeff Draper was selected as Mayor of the City of Gridley last month and seemed the perfect candidate for the "5 Things to Know" section for the first week of January, a new year.
1. How long have you lived in Gridley and how long have you been a State Farm Agent?
"My family first moved to Gridley in 1996, living here six years before moving to Yuba City for eight years. We have been back two years and I have been a State Farm agent 20 years, 17 of those in Gridley." The Drapers are grandparents to two, with two more on the way. "Even more fun than being a parent," Draper stated.
2. What is your ultimate goal while serving on the Gridley City Council?
“To help the City become a better place to live, work and raise a family.”
3. What else would you like to see happen while serving on Council?
"To continue to make sure the revenue coming into the city is being used wisely. Also, to increase the sales tax revenue of the City by attracting people to shop here, start a business here and hopefully live here."
4. How is the City doing financially?
"The City is doing well. We are very fortunate to have our own Police and Fire Departments. The previous City Councils have done a great job of getting the needed resources and equipment to the different departments within the City. "
5. What are the City's attributes for those looking to move here?
"One of the great attributes for those looking to move here is the small town and great people. We have a safe place to live and raise kids. We have quality schools and I hope we can attract more people to move here in the future."