A variety of special activities and contests are scheduled for the 22nd celebration of National Rice Month (NRM) this September:
USA Rice and our MyPlate partners will reward consumers for adding more healthy whole grains to their meals! Consumers can enter the contest for a chance to win a different prize each week and an Aroma rice cooker too! Three winners will be selected each week!
Week 1: Birds Eye® is awarding three winners with a year's supply of Birds Eye® products.
Week 2: Cranberry Marketing Committee is giving away three gift baskets and two tickets to the Food Network's New York City Food & Wine Festival Grand Tasting.
Week 3: GOYA® is giving the first 30 contest entrants a set of six Special Edition 75th Anniversary Series GOYA® Recipe Booklets and three winners will receive a gift basket of GOYA® products valued at $100.
Week 4: Tyson Foods, Inc. is awarding three winners with a $100 gift card.
Aroma Housewares will give away three rice cookers each week.
- The National Rice Month scholarship contest gives high school seniors an opportunity to compete for $8,500 in scholarship prizes.
- Arkansas and Louisiana rice industry food bank donations are planned.
- In-store displays will be featured at H-E-B Grocery, Aim, Bravo, C-Town, 99 Ranch, Raleys, Stop & Shop, and Giant stores.
- The governors of Arkansas and Louisiana will sign NRM proclamations.
- Rice luncheons are scheduled in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi.